New Directions remains focused on the care and wellbeing of the people we support, our staff, volunteers, and families throughout the ever-changing challenges Covid 19 has brought, not only to our organisation, but society as a whole.
We are fortunate to have all our services open, which we review and monitor daily, enabling us to respond to Government advice and local transmission rates.
Our staff continue to work tirelessly to ensure the health and well-being of the people we support by either visiting individuals in their homes or through our residential and day services. We have strong infection control measures in place and have extensively trained and re-trained all staff in good infection control.
At all times, we want to reassure you that we are following Government guidance on how we respond to the pandemic, with our utmost priority being focussed on keeping people safe and well.
Covid 19 Safe Practice:
· Our staff and people who attend services are tested regularly for Covid 19, complying with Government guidance, which is reviewed daily.
· We rolled out a successful vaccination programme for our staff as soon as the vaccine was available. Our people we support are mostly fully vaccinated.
· New Directions’ policy is to promote the Covid-19 vaccination by encouraging and educating individuals to have their vaccinations. We are encouraged by the huge uptake of vaccinations across our organisation.
You can be reassured that all our services have an ongoing and plentiful supply of personal protective equipment (PPE). We have robust infection control measures and enhanced cleaning regimes in place in our services. Our staff are fully trained to ensure infection prevention and control measures are strictly followed. We continue to risk assess and risk manage our services and will provide updates if any circumstances change. If local services are impacted due to local restrictions or public health requirements, then your local service will inform you.
FAQs and Guidance
For FAQs relating to your health and wellbeing or general queries about the government position and latest news please visit these websites:
· Public Health England · NHS · Government
For FAQs relating to the local response to the pandemic in Sefton, the latest position and latest news please visit these websites:
· Sefton Council · Sefton Clinical Commissioning Group
We hope you have been able to find the guidance and advice you need in these documents. Should you require any further information, please email us at email@example.com using the title ‘COVID19 Query’ in the subject box and we will get back to you as soon as possible.